content=
Navigation Bar

Prev Page Prev Item Contents Index Go to Page Home Page Next Item Next Page

Page 168 of 388

Descendants of John Brown

98. ELDRIDGE EUGENE20 CLICK (LUCY ANN19 TURNER, ELIZABETH18 JOHNSON, MARY ANN17 CHISUM, ELIZABETH16 GIBBONS, ANNE15 EPPES, MARY14 ANDERSON, MARY13 JORDAN, MARY12 BROWN, WILLIAM11 BROWNE, THOMAS10, THOMAS9, JOHN8, THOMAS7, CHRISTOPHER6, CHRISTOPHER5, JOHN4 BROWN, JOHN3, JOHN2, JOHN1) He married MINNIE BELLE TARTER.

Notes for ELDRIDGE EUGENE CLICK:
Nickname was Tony.

Need to ask M. Louise McPherson if this Eldridge was the son of Eldridge Emberson Click.

Child of ELDRIDGE CLICK and MINNIE TARTER is:

110. i.   CLYDE STEVENSON21 CLICK, b. January 15, 1904, Ben Franklin, TX, Delta Co., USA; d. December 29, 1965, San Antonio, TX, Bexar Co., USA.

99. ANNIE L.20 VERNON (JAMES THOMAS19, PRYOR LEE18, NANCY EPPES17 CHISUM, ELIZABETH16 GIBBONS, ANNE15 EPPES, MARY14 ANDERSON, MARY13 JORDAN, MARY12 BROWN, WILLIAM11 BROWNE, THOMAS10, THOMAS9, JOHN8, THOMAS7, CHRISTOPHER6, CHRISTOPHER5, JOHN4 BROWN, JOHN3, JOHN2, JOHN1) She married MILES M. ANDERSON.

Notes for ANNIE L. VERNON:
From the genealogy of Kenneth J. Anderson, Mercer, TN

Child of ANNIE VERNON and MILES ANDERSON is:

111. i.   WOODROW W.21 ANDERSON.

100. PISTER MILLER20 VERNON (JAMES THOMAS19, PRYOR LEE18, NANCY EPPES17 CHISUM, ELIZABETH16 GIBBONS, ANNE15 EPPES, MARY14 ANDERSON, MARY13 JORDAN, MARY12 BROWN, WILLIAM11 BROWNE, THOMAS10, THOMAS9, JOHN8, THOMAS7, CHRISTOPHER6, CHRISTOPHER5, JOHN4 BROWN, JOHN3, JOHN2, JOHN1) was born November 14, 1848, and died June 15, 1905. He married MARY B. HUDSON November 11, 1874.

Notes for PISTER MILLER VERNON:
Death, Middle name and birth record are from the Holy Bible , in possession of Laura Robinson Little, Overton, Toone,TN. The birth date of Pitser and Wiley Forte are the same were they twins? Notes from Maude Pirtle Taylor says they were twins.

Notes for MARY B. HUDSON:
Information on marriage is from the Holy Bible, McCarty and Davis, Philadelphia, 1830 in possession of Mrs. Laura Robinson Little , Over ton, Toone, TN 1954.

Child of PISTER VERNON and MARY HUDSON is:

i.   LAURA21 VERNON.
  Notes for LAURA VERNON:
Laura married lst Little, 2nd Overton and had issue.

101. CARL SUGGS20 MARTIN (TABOR LOUISE19 LITTLE, REBECCA E.18 CHISUM, JOHN GIBBONS17, ELIZABETH16 GIBBONS, ANNE15 EPPES, MARY14 ANDERSON, MARY13 JORDAN, MARY12 BROWN, WILLIAM11 BROWNE, THOMAS10, THOMAS9, JOHN8, THOMAS7, CHRISTOPHER6, CHRISTOPHER5, JOHN4 BROWN, JOHN3, JOHN2, JOHN1) was born May 06, 1914 in Sunflower, MS, Sunflower Co., USA, and died November 20, 1985 in Memphis, TN, Shelby Co., USA. He married VIRGINIA MOONEY June 02, 1942 in Kennett, MO, USA. She was born March 12, 1920 in Ravenden Sprgs, AR.

Child of CARL MARTIN and VIRGINIA MOONEY is:

i.   JUDY VIRGINIA21 MARTIN, b. April 27, 1943; m. JAMES R. UNDERWOOD, January 07, 1977.
  Notes for JUDY VIRGINIA MARTIN:
Judy was married l). Sanford B. Weeks 7 Apr 1962 2). James R. Underwood 7 Jan 1977

102. WILLIAM DOWELL20 CHISUM (ERNEST CLAIBORNE19, WILLIAM CHARLES18, CLAIRBORN17, ELIZABETH16 GIBBONS, ANNE15 EPPES, MARY14 ANDERSON, MARY13 JORDAN, MARY12 BROWN, WILLIAM11 BROWNE, THOMAS10, THOMAS9, JOHN8, THOMAS7, CHRISTOPHER6, CHRISTOPHER5, JOHN4 BROWN, JOHN3, JOHN2, JOHN1) He married ROSA LEE WILLIAMS.

Child of WILLIAM CHISUM and ROSA WILLIAMS is:

i.   JR. WILLIAM DOWELL21 CHISUM.

103. BETTY20 LONGMIRE (MYRTLE19 CHISUM, WILLIAM CHARLES18, CLAIRBORN17, ELIZABETH16 GIBBONS, ANNE15 EPPES, MARY14 ANDERSON, MARY13 JORDAN, MARY12 BROWN, WILLIAM11 BROWNE, THOMAS10, THOMAS9, JOHN8, THOMAS7, CHRISTOPHER6, CHRISTOPHER5, JOHN4 BROWN, JOHN3, JOHN2, JOHN1) She married JAMES BUXTON.

Child of BETTY LONGMIRE and JAMES BUXTON is:

i.   AILENE21 BUXTON.

104. SADIE ETHEL20 LANEY (MARTHA E.19 MERCER, REBECCA LUCRETIA18 ROBINSON, REBECCA B.17 CHISUM, ELIZABETH16 GIBBONS, ANNE15 EPPES, MARY14 ANDERSON, MARY13 JORDAN, MARY12 BROWN, WILLIAM11 BROWNE, THOMAS10, THOMAS9, JOHN8, THOMAS7, CHRISTOPHER6, CHRISTOPHER5, JOHN4 BROWN, JOHN3, JOHN2, JOHN1) was born November 02, 1890 in Toone, TN, Hardeman Co., USA, and died February 02, 1981 in TN, Madison Co., USA. She married JOSEPH LYMAN HALL. He was born January 27, 1891 in Alamo, TN, and died August 22, 1935 in TN, Crockett Co., USA.

Notes for SADIE ETHEL LANEY:
Sadie had another husband John Sanderson.

More About JOSEPH LYMAN HALL:
Burried: Medon, TN, Maple Springs, USA

Children of SADIE LANEY and JOSEPH HALL are:

i.   JAMES PAUL21 HALL, b. April 28, 1911, Dyersburg, TN; m. ELIZABETH HARRISON.
112. ii.   RALPH LANEY HALL, b. August 19, 1914, Hickman, KY.
  iii.   WOODROW WILSON HALL, b. December 16, 1916, TN, Hickman, USA.
  Notes for WOODROW WILSON HALL:
Not Married
  iv.   EUGENE LAVERYL HALL, b. February 21, 1926, Cherry Valley, AR.
  Notes for EUGENE LAVERYL HALL:
Not Married

105. SR. JOSEPH CALVIN20 JONES (NANNIE ELIZABETH19 MERCER, REBECCA LUCRETIA18 ROBINSON, REBECCA B.17 CHISUM, ELIZABETH16 GIBBONS, ANNE15 EPPES, MARY14 ANDERSON, MARY13 JORDAN, MARY12 BROWN, WILLIAM11 BROWNE, THOMAS10, THOMAS9, JOHN8, THOMAS7, CHRISTOPHER6, CHRISTOPHER5, JOHN4 BROWN, JOHN3, JOHN2, JOHN1) was born February 06, 1882 in Toone, TN, Hardeman Co., USA, and died September 09, 1939 in Los Angeles, CA. He married IDA LEE WILLIAMS May 19, 1901 in Jackson, TN, Madison Co., USA. She was born May 07, 1882 in Jackson, TN, Madison, USA, and died February 18, 1969 in Kerrville, TX, USA.

Notes for SR. JOSEPH CALVIN JONES:
Joseph Calvin was a contractor, I was told he built post offices in the Memphis area. I saw one hotel he built in Yazoo City, MS, the LaMar Hotel. He was their with my father in 1925, my father met my mother at that time. He was a partner in a Construction Co. called Douglas-Jones Construction Co . He was also in Construction in California.

I have two different copies of obituaries one says he was a member of Temple Baptist Church, the other that he was a Presbyterian. The Obituaries are in Jones File.

Two of his sisters lived in St. Louis, MO. Mrs. D. V. Haynes and Mrs. W. D. Conner. His brother Will G. Jones lived in Memphis and Will's son Tom lives there now (1992), I visited him and his wife Peggie in 1990 on my trip to Tenn. to uncover family roots. Tom died in 1990 shortly after my visit. Tom's son Tom is a dentist and lives in Nashville his wife is also a dentist.

From City Directory Memphis TN 1902 Joseph C. Jones-Barkeeper, rooms 128 Washington, Memphis From City Directory Memphis RN 1907 Joseph C. Jones-Carpenter, res . 657 Hastings Ave, Memphis

1910 Census Tenn. Joseph Calvin Jones Sr. 29 years old, Ida L. 28, Abbie Lee 8, Joseph C. 4, Lewis W. 9/12 mo. English- Carpenter-House-owned

Letter from Sadie Jones Glynn dated Oct 29 1990 "Perhaps Lewis you remember two teenage cousins who visited you at the time I made this snap shot on North Cooper in Memphis. We loved Cousin Calvin (first cousin to Papa, William Austin Jones, It seems you were musical and Abby Lee played and sang. (Margie, My Little Margie) That was a poplar tune then. I forgot the young Negro man's name who was the chauffeur and drove us to Clarksdale, MS. through slick muddy Mississippi roads, no paving at all. Your father (Joseph Calvin, Sr.) was building schools in that area. Back home the chauffeur became cook and we had the best dinners, which I still remember.( Ms. Sadie turned 100 years in 1998) Your Aunt Janie (Mrs. Hubert Owen- Jackson) was a special friend of mine till her death. ( Mrs. Sadie wrote this to me to send on Uncle Lewis, he was already dead, it was sent on to my first cousin Ronald L. Jones in Utah, along with the snapshot of Uncle Lewis she refers to.

More About SR. JOSEPH CALVIN JONES:
Burried: CA, Forest Lawn Cem., USA

Notes for IDA LEE WILLIAMS:
In a letter to Hubert William of Jackson (related to him through the Ross- Lacy Genealogy- not close) he had been on a visit to Mrs. Sadie Jones Glynn she related that Mr. Lewis Williams, Ida Lee's father had a small mule to work with his buggy that brought his two daughters to the Anderson Presbyterian church at Madison, all who were dressed in the finest and most perfect dresses she had ever seen.

Obit Ida Jones (Williams) from Frances Chapman:
Services for Mrs. Ida Jones 88, widow of J. C. Jones and former Jackson resident, were Thursday in Kerrville, Texas. Mrs. Jones died about 11 PM Tuesday at the home of a daughter, Mrs. Jennings Robbins, in Kerrville after a long illness. Besides Mrs. Robbins, she leaves a son, Lewis Jones of Los Angeles; a brother, O. P. Williams of Memphis; and two sisters, Mrs. E. E. Hamilton and Mrs. Hubert Owen of Jackson. Mrs. Jones was born in the Medon Community of Madison County, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Lewis Jones, She was educated in county schools.
-----
Another article from Frances Chapman:
Mrs. W. J. Robbin, 316 W. Main Street, had as their guests Mr. and Mrs. Hubert M. Owen and Mrs. Earl Hamilton of Jackson, TN. Mrs. Owen and Mrs. Hamilton are sisters of Mrs. Ida L. Jones, mother of Mrs . Robbins. Mrs. Jones came from California one year ago to make her home with her daughter and son-in-law.

This was the first reunion for the sisters in 15 years.
-----
Obit:
Funeral Services for Mrs. Ida L. Jones, 86, 316 W. Main, who died Tuesday night in a local hospital, will be held Thursday at 2 P.M. . in Plummer-Fair Chapel. Burial will be in Garden of Memories. Mrs. Jones, a retired nurse, had lived here for four years. She was born May 7, 1882 in Madison Co. Tennessee. Mrs. Jones was a member of the Presbyterian Church.

More About IDA LEE WILLIAMS:

Children of JOSEPH JONES and IDA WILLIAMS are:

i.   ABBIE LEE21 JONES, b. March 23, 1902, TN, USA; d. February 22, 1984, Kerrville, TX, USA; m. WILLIAM JENNINGS ROBBINS; b. November 15, 1900; d. Kerrville, TX.
  Notes for ABBIE LEE JONES:
Abbie Lee had no children.
I remember visiting Aunt Abbie, in about 1968, I took my son John to her home to meet his relatives, Grandmother was in bad health at the time, she died in Feb 1969. Aunt Abbie had a big Black Walnut Tree in her yard, it produces some really big Black Walnuts, I kept John occupied by cracking the nuts with a hammer and eating the wonderful contents.
  Notes for WILLIAM JENNINGS ROBBINS:
W. J. Robbins were presented with a certificate for 25 years membership as a Lions Club member. He was honored for his quarter century of service during officer installation ceremonies at the Heart O' The Hills Lions Club . He joined the Lions Club in San Antonio in 1944. (June 16, 1970)
113. ii.   JR. JOSEPH CALVIN JONES, b. August 16, 1906, Memphis, TN, Shelby, USA; d. October 05, 1957, Theba, AZ, Maricopa Co., USA.
114. iii.   LEWIS WESTON JONES, b. August 12, 1909, Memphis, TN, Shelby Co., USA; d. March 21, 1971, No. Hollywood, CA, Los Angeles Co, USA.

Page 168 of 388

Prev Page Prev Item Contents Index Go to Page Home Page Next Item Next Page