Navigation Bar

Prev Page Prev Item Contents Index Go to Page Home Page Next Item Next Page

Page 234 of 432

Descendants of Silas Titus

Generation No. 3

3. ABIEL3 TITUS (ROBERT2, SILAS1) was born March 17, 1641 in Weymouth, MA, and died 1737. He married REBECCA SCUDDER 1672. She was born 1642 in Weymouth, MA.

Notes for A
BIEL TITUS:
Moved to Long Island in 1654.

There is a record of marriage between an Abiel Titus and Mary Scudder about 1665.
She b. ca. 1647 at Salem, Essex Co., MA, daughter of John and Mary (King).
This is probably the Mary Scudder that m. Abiel (3). Abiel's wife was left
his mother's smoothing irons in her will.

Children of A
BIEL TITUS and REBECCA SCUDDER are:
  i.   HENRY4 TITUS.
  Notes for HENRY TITUS:
The will of Henry Titus, signed on Nov. 23, 1725, leaves "... all my land,
both laid out and undivided that lyeth in the Eastern Purchase in the Town
of Huntington" to Abiel Titus, son of his brother Abiel. This Abiel
mentions in his will, signed on Jan. 3, 1759, that his wife's name is
"Frances."

His will: Page 139. - I, Henry Titus, of Huntington in Suffolk County, this 23 day of November, 1725, "being willing to settle my outward affairs." In the first place I will and bequeath unto my brother, John Pugsley, all my farms with all the appurtenances thereto belonging, lying in the Town of Westchester, that I bought of Daniel Hunt. And he is to pay all that I owe on bond to said Daniel Hunt, and Teunis Quick, and John Chambers. I leave to my wife Rachel the use of all my housing and lands that I live on, in the Town of Huntington during her life. I leave to my brother John Titus' youngest son, Henry Titus, after my wife's decease, all my house and farm upon the West Neck, and a 100 right in the Town of Huntington, and all my meadow and land at the South. I leave to my brother, Abiel Titus, "one Piece of 8." I leave to his eldest son Abiel Titus, all my land, both laid out and undivided that lyeth in the Eastern Purchase in the Town of Huntington. My executors are to sell so much of my lands in the Old Purchase of the Town of Huntington as to pay all my debts, and they have power to give deeds for the same. I leave to Timothy Titus, son of my brother Abiel Titus, all the remainder of my lands and rights in the Old Purchase of Huntington. I make my wife Rachel and my brother John Titus, and my brother, John Pugsley, executors. Witnesses, John Rodman, Jr., Timothy Brush, William Willis. Proved January 26, 1725/26. A note to the abstract reads "The above is the only will in which no religious sentiment is expressed, and is a most remarkable exception to the rule." [Abstracts, Liber 10, pp. 330-31].

4. ii.   ABIEL TITUS, b. March 15, 1679, Huntington, New York; d. 1759.

Page 234 of 432

Prev Page Prev Item Contents Index Go to Page Home Page Next Item Next Page