Navigation Bar

Prev Page Prev Item Contents Index Go to Page Home Page Next Item Next Page

Page 233 of 432

Descendants of Silas Titus

Generation No. 2

2. ROBERT2 TITUS (SILAS1) was born 1600 in Huntingdonshire, England, and died 1679 in Huntington, New York. He married HANNAH (ANNE?) CARTER June 24, 1624. She was born 1596, and died March 24, 1679 in Huntington, New York.

Notes for R
OBERT TITUS:
Lived in St. Catherine's Parish, near Stansstead Abbots, hertfordshire,
England before emigrating to MA.

Notes for H
ANNAH (ANNE?) CARTER:
Her will: Page 265.
Hannah Titus, Hunttington. Leaves to son Content Titus, house and land, and he is to pay to his brother John 10. To son Edmund a horse, and to son Samuel a cow. "To my son Samuel's wife my warming pan. To my son Abial's wife, my smoothing irons. To my son, Content's wife, my skimmer. To my daughter Susannah, my serge hood." Dated May 14, 1672. Witness, Richard Williams, Thomas Skidmore. Inventory taken March 24, 1678/79, 52 13s. 6d. Administration granted to son Content, March 1, 1679/80. [Abstracts, Liber 1-2, p. 65].

The New England Historical and Genealogical Register, Vol. 132, 1978 states: "The marriage on 24 June 1624 of Robert Titus and Anne Carter, recorded in the parish register of Watford may refer to the Robert and Hannah Carter of 'St. Katherines' who immigrated in the Hopewell.... Carter was very common in the sixteenth and seventeenth century Watford district and were the English kin of President Carter." Robert, Hannah and their two children, John (age 8) and Edmond (age 5), sailed from London on April 3rd, 1635 on board the Hopewell. Settled at Brookline, MA, moved to Weymouth, MA, Rehoboth, MA, then to Huntington, Nassau Co., NY. (near Cold Spring Harbor), in 1654.

Children of R
OBERT TITUS and HANNAH CARTER are:
  i.   JOHN3 TITUS.
  ii.   EDMOND TITUS.
3. iii.   ABIEL TITUS, b. March 17, 1641, Weymouth, MA; d. 1737.

Page 233 of 432

Prev Page Prev Item Contents Index Go to Page Home Page Next Item Next Page