Navigation Bar

Prev Page Prev Item Contents Index Go to Page Home Page Next Item Next Page

Page 22 of 432

Descendants of --- de Presbyter (Prester/de Praers).

Generation No. 19

19. JOHN JOSIAH19 PRATHER (WILLIAM NATHAN18, WILLIAM NATHAN17, JOHNATHAN16, THOMAS15 PRATHER/PRATER, THOMAS PRATER14 (GENTLEMAN), ANTHONY THOMAS PRATER13, GEORGE PRATER12 (ESQUIRE), JOHN PRATER11, WILLIAM PRATER (ESQUIRE) (DE10 PRAERS?), --- PRATER (DE PREERS /9 P RAERS), --- PRATER (DE8 PREERS/PRAERS), --- PRATER (DE7 PRAERS?), --- PRATER (DE6, --- PRATER (PRETOR) (DE5, ROBERTUS PRETOR (PRATER) (DE4, WILLIAMUS PRETOR (PRATER/DE3 PRAERS), GUILLIUMUS (WILLIAMUS) JOHONNIE2 PRATER, --- DE PRESBYTER (PRESTER/DE1 PRAERS).) was born Abt. 1722 in Prince George Co. Maryland, and died Bet. 1760 - 1761 in Prince George Co. Maryland. He married ABARILLA HYATT Abt. 1740 in Maryland (Fredericks NAME="IND1052REF20">SETH HYATT and ALICE (?). She was born Abt. 1719 in probably in Frederick County, Md, and died April 15, 1814 in Laurens Co., South Carolina.

Notes for J
OHN JOSIAH PRATHER:
Information by John W. Prather, Jr.....

Since Brice PRATHER was b. ca. 1740, Bazel PRATHER was b. ca. 1745 and Josiah was b. ca. 1747 I believe the three boys of John and Abarilla were born in Maryland as I have a copy of a deed from William PRATHER to his son John PRATHER dated 17 April 1746. The deed contains the following Between William PRATHER son of William PRATHER of Prince George's County and Province affors (aid) of the one part and John PRATHER son of William PRATHER ... of the County affords (aid) of the other Part - Deed in Liber "EE", pp. 22- 24, Prince George's County, Maryland. Maryland State Archives, Hall of Records, Annapolis, MD.

Royal Grants for Josiah PRATHER, Brice PRATHER and Reuben Flanagan join or are very near each other. Royal Grants for Bazel are not far away. All grants are in Laurens County, S.C. I find it very common for them to witness papers for each other.

I now know that between 1755 and 1767 there is a possibility that John, Abarilla, Brice, Bazel and Josiah lived in Virginia. This is the time period I will be looking for them in Virginia. I have searched the records of North Carolina and find no record of John and Abarilla ever being in North Carolina. In my search of Virginia records I found no evidence that John and Abarilla ever lived in Virginia.

Abarilla is also spelled Abrilla, Eberilah, Abarala. I have and will use Abarilla this paper.

Notes for A
BARILLA HYATT:
The earliest date I find in South Carolina for Abarilla HYATT Prather Flanagan is 1 Nov. 1788 when she is mentioned in a deed by Reuben Flanagan her second husband. Deed Book "B", pp. 425-426, Laurens County, S.C. South Carolina Archives Department, Columbia, S.C.

As "Abrilla Flanagan", widow of Reuben Flanagan, Abarilla (Hyatt) Prather Flanagan made her Will 8 July, 1806, Newberry Co., S.C. (Proved 6 June, 1814)
Named children:
Reuben Flanagan Jr., Fanny Owings (wife of Henry Owings)
Brice Prather (then deceased)
Bazel Prather
Josiah Prather
Casandra Williams (wife of Daniel Williams) and dau-n-law Martha Prather, widow of Brice Prather, and granddaughter, Dicey Prather.
wit: James Law, Amos Prater, William Liles.
Newberry Co., S.C. Wills, box #6 ;14 ;pkg 147
After John Prather died she married Dr. Reuben Plannagan and had 2 children:
Reuban Flannagan II
Fanney Flannagan.
Abarilla was daughter of Seth Hyatt and Alice Duvall.

Children of J
OHN PRATHER and ABARILLA HYATT are:
20. i.   BASIL "BAZEL" PITTS20 PRATHER/PRATER, b. Abt. 1744, Prince George Co. Maryland; d. Abt. July 14, 1842, Laurens Co., South Carolina.
  ii.   BRICE PRATHER, b. Abt. 1740, Prince George, Maryland; d. July 08, 1806, Newberry, Laurens Co., S.C..
  Notes for BRICE PRATHER:
Brice's death is proved by Abarilla's will. Probate Records, Book "E", p. 152, Newberry County, S.C. Also see Box 6, Pck. 14, Est. 147. South Carolina Archives Department, Columbia S.C.

The earliest date I find in South Carolina for Brice PRATHER b. ca. 1740, son of John and Abarilla, is 6 Nov. 1771 when he got a warrant for a survey for a Royal Grant. Pre. Rev., Loose Plats , Folder 1538 - Royal Grant, Vol. 3-L, p.263. Berkley County, South Carolina Archives Department, Columbia, S.C.

iii.   JOSIAH PRATHER, b. Abt. 1747, Prince George Co. Maryland; d. Abt. November 18, 1823, Laurens Co., South Carolina.
  Notes for JOSIAH PRATHER:
Josiah's death is proved l8 Nov. 1823, the date his will was proved. Probate Records, Box 58, Pck. 3, Laurens District, S.C. South Carolina Archives Department, Columbia, S.C

The earliest date I find in South Carolina for Josiah PRATHER b. ca. 1747, son of John and Abarilla, is 6 Aug. 1770 when he got a warrant for a survey for a Royal Grant. Pre. Rev., Loose Plats , Folder 1539 - Royal Grant, Vol. 3-G, p.140. Berkley County, South Carolina Archives Department, Columbia, S.C.

iv.   WILLIAM PRATHER/PRATER, b. Abt. 1748.
  v.   CASSANDRA PRATHER/PRATER, b. Abt. 1750, Prince George Co. Maryland; d. Abt. 1828, S.C; m. DANIEL WILLIAMS.
  vi.   THOMAS PRATHER/PRATER, b. Abt. 1755, Maryland.
  vii.   RICHARD PREATOR (PRATER), b. Abt. 1757.

Page 22 of 432

Prev Page Prev Item Contents Index Go to Page Home Page Next Item Next Page